Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What do you think is the best MMORPG ever?

For those of you who don't know, MMORPG stands for Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing Game. I've tried Star Wars Galaxies, Dungeons and Dragons Online, and currently Lord of the Rings Online. So what're your favorites and why?What do you think is the best MMORPG ever?
I would say the best ever is Everquest 1 as it was very absorbing and held my interest longer than any other MMORPG. That said, it is fairly dated at this point (I haven't played in probably 4 years) so the graphics may not be up to what you like.

When it first came out, I enjoyed Dark Age of Camelot but I'm not big on PvP (or RvR) and I played Hibernia (which was the least finished realm by far at launch). This was my first MMO (then I tried EQ).

Worlds of Warcraft is fun but has some issues. End game is nothing but raiding (raid to get better gear to raid to get better gear ad nauseum). It is much easier than most other MMOs - there is really no reason to group unless you want to try some of the 5-man or 10-man dungeons (but those aren't required). Blizzard has no issues with significantly changing the game for no real reason - the reason I quit was they broke *every* Hunter specific addon in patch 10 (most of which had worked unmodified nearly since launch (this was 1.5 years later)) and intentionally did so in such a way that some could not be fixed (without fixing some of the bugs with Hunters (mostly pets) that had been in the game since launch that were being worked around by the addons).

City of Heroes/Villains is alot of fun. It has the most involved graphic character generation I've seen in a MMO (not a big deal to me but alot of people love it). You can solo or group at your leisure. All instanced missions (which is most) auto-adapt to the number of people on the mission. The only content you must group for is Task Forces (not as bad as a raid in most games with a cap of 8 players). This is one of my current favorites.

EVE Online is interesting, different, and fun. However, I think I'm about to cancel my sub as CCP claims they support all playstyles but refuse to fix the lag problems in key systems (Saila/Aramachi area is the only high security area with good quality Level 4 Caldari Navy agents that give kill missions regularly). Multiple people have suggested multiple solutions to the issue but CCP seems to refuse to implement them (they seem to want everyone to go into 0.0 or low security space and fight massive PvP battles).

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning is in beta (hiatus until December so they can do a ton more development and improvements) and is alot of fun.

D%26amp;D Online had promise but Turbine completely screwed up. The biggest selling point was that it was D%26amp;D. Some things needed to be changed to make a fun MMO of D%26amp;D but alot did not. Each and every patch Turbine released during Alpha and Beta made the game less and less like D%26amp;D.

Fallen Earth looks promising (closest thing to Fallout MMO we'll see for quite a while).
When it first started playing EQ, it was challenging and fun; you could get a group within minutes of logging in. Then people stopped joining and the rates rose. It's insane to charge a subscription fee *and* charge for expansions - pick one or the other.

I now play Guild Wars, which allows free online play and you pay for the expansion packs. You can complete most of the missions without having to group with others, but just using heroes or henchmen (NPCs), and getting groups for zones you need them for is usually pretty simple. The loot distribution system is great. In the later days of EQ, before I dropped my subscription, I could spend hours waiting for a group, because the new zones are impossible to solo, and lesser zones dropped no loot and you gained no XP.What do you think is the best MMORPG ever?
Eve Online is one of the best MMO games I have played. I played WoW for about a year and hated it (Very slow and repetitive). Runescape is better than WoW (Runescape is also very good). And I actually loved playing City of Heroes/Villains. If your into bright colorful superhero with special powers then you might like that.What do you think is the best MMORPG ever?
It is really hard to recommend a specific MMO game, because everyone likes something different. A game I like you may hate. Check out http://mmohut.com for a gigantic list of these free mmorpg / mmo games. I use that site to find new games to play. Every few days I try a new game :) - It's a lot of fun because I try everything. They have like every single MMORPG categorized nicely with reviews, screenshots, videos and more. Heck they even list the game's system requirements!. Best part is all the games are free, which rocks.



http://mmohut.com/browser-games

They have a huge section for "no download" browser MMORPGs as well.



Let me know if this helped at all.
Youn can discuss about various MMORPG GAMES here--%26gt; http://tinyurl.com/3agwbpr
Club Penguin!

Club penguin is fun, safe and has some cool secrets. The best part, you can play for free. You can also pay to get more features. Try it out!
Puzzle Pirates!
Runescape

I think it's very interesting. :D
Real life :P
thats my fave......i been playin it since the beginning.
  • becca
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment